Sometimes I think the most challenging part of meal planning, is that it is easy to get stuck in a rut and making the same things over and over again. I find a lot of inspiration checking out other’s meal plans, so I thought I would share my personal meal plan for the month of June. I hope that my meal plan inspires you to get creative and think outside the box when cooking for your family!
I use Plan to Eat to quickly organize my family favorite recipes and organize them into meal plans and generate shopping lists!
I plan for the month but shop for the week. Since I have already set aside the time to meal plan, I find it easier to plan for the whole month, kind of a once and done thing. The other nice thing, after each month is planned for the year, you are done. You can repeat weeks or whole months if you would like. I also purchase some things for the whole month, especially if they are on sale, but the majority of the grocery shopping is done weekly.
A couple of things to keep in mind, our family doesn’t mind eating the same thing a couple of times a week. Some weeks we have ground beef a couple of times, and other weeks we may have more chicken. Also, I plan for 30 days of dinners, once school is over for the summer I will add in lunches.
Dinner Meal Plan For the Month of June
- Baked Potato Soup , rolls, and
- Grilled Steaks, Steakside Mushrooms & Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes and Carrots
- Shepherd’s Pie Baked Potatoes, Crispy Garlic Pita Toasts
- Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork, cole slaw, and corn bread (box mix)
- Easy Cheesy Ravioli Bake, Italian bread and tossed salad
- Pulled Pork Nachos (use up left overs from slow cooker puled pork and cole slaw)
- Creamy Lemon Pepper Shrimp Spaghetti
June 8th- 14th
- English Muffin Pizzas, tossed salad and fruit
- Beef Tips, egg noodles, and
- Mexican Haystacks, corn and rice
- Slow Cooker Angel Pork Chops, sauteed spinach
- Baked Ziti, garlic bread and vegetable medley (frozen)
- Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon, oven roasted frozen broccoli, rice pilaf (box mix)
- Quick and Easy Calzones, caesar salad
- Chicken Quesadillas Recipe (use up left over chicken)
- Quick Chicken Piccata, tossed salad, and Italian Bread
- Dad’s Meatloaf with Tomato Relish , french fries and
- Marinated Baked Pork Chops, apple sauce, and scalloped potatoes
- One-Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta,
- Penne and Smoked Sausage, roasted brussels sprouts
- Reuben Sandwich II, onion rings, and cottage cheese
- Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs, Sesame-Ginger Slaw
- Italian Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs, garlic bread, tossed salad
- Doritos Nacho Cheese Taco Bake, spanish rice (from box)
- Meatball Sandwich and green beans
- Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin, Parmesan Roasted Broccoli and garlic knots
- Monterey Chicken Skillet
- Potato Kielbasa Skillet & frozen veggies
June 29th- 30th
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe, carrot sticks and fruit
- Mississippi Pot Roast, baked potates, and roasted carrots
We have the same thing almost every day of the week for breakfast because trying to come up with variety in this area would probably make my head implode. Monday through Saturday, we have scrambled eggs, cold cereal or instant oatmeal, and fruit.
Sundays I like to make larger more indulgent breakfasts, usually scrambled eggs or omeletts, bacon or sausage, home fries or toast, and cinnamon rolls, with fruit.