For the month of March I’ve planned hearty and filling meals, easy slow cooker dishes, and comforting classics for my family dinners.
Is it just me or did january seem like the longest month ever, and Feburary tried to make up for it by flying by in the blink of an eye?!? I have a super busy month planned for March, so it was really important that I get a good handle on my meal plan early, and today I am sharing it with you!
For the month of March I’ve planned hearty and filling meals, easy slow cooker dishes, and comforting classics for my family dinners. We are also embracing seasonal holidays like St. Patrick’s day with a traditional Irish-American dish, and fish and seafood on Friday’s for Lent.
I use Plan to Eat to quickly organize my family favorite recipes and organize them into meal plans and generate shopping lists! If you have a Plan to Eat Account send me a friend request (my username is HomeinFLX), I’d love to exchange recipes!
I plan for the month but shop for the week. Since I have already set aside the time to meal plan, I find it easier to plan for the whole month, kind of a once and done thing. The other nice thing, after each month, is planned for the year, you are done. You can repeat weeks or whole months if you would like. I also purchase some things for the whole month, especially if they are on sale, but the majority of the grocery shopping is done weekly.
This month I am trying something new! I am providing you with a rough estimate of the cost of the meals! I used the Walmart grocery app to, these weekly costs are meant to serve as a guideline for you, and do not include pantry staples such as spices, salt, and oil etc. Please keep in mind there may be regional price differences and you could likely get meal ingredients for less at discount store such as Aldi or Sav-A-Lot.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE MARCH MEAL PLAN
- We eat fish or seafood on Friday’s during Lent.
- This meal plan doesn’t include breakfast or lunches because in my experience, the majority of families have personal preferences on what they eat for breakfast and lunch.
- My family is not bothered by chicken a couple of nights in a row, but we generally don’t eat red meat multiple days in a row, just personal preference!
- I plan dinner for everyday, but often skip at least one day a week to use up leftovers.
- My meal plan is pretty flexible, and I consider it a “guideline” not a rule, and one you can ignore at will. Craving tacos on Monday and have all the ingredients of hand? Go for it! I’ve never had the meal planning police knock at my door for observing Taco Tuesday on another day of the week ? Have fun with it, meal planning is supposed to make your life easier, not cause stress. Really the only time I strictly follow my meal plan is when fresh perishable food is involved, like seafood.
Dinners Week 1:
Walmart Grocery Pick Up Price: $85.00
- S-Classic Baked Ziti with Italian bread and tossed salad
- M-Braised Cabbage With Potatoes And Smoked Sausage
- T- Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe with steamed broccoli and
- W-Crockpot Pork Chops with applesauce and leftover mac & cheese
- T-Homemade Pepperoni Pizza with fruit
- F- Simple Broiled Haddock with rice pilaf and cole slaw
- S-Taco Casserole with cornbread
Dinners Week 2:
Walmart Grocery Pick Up Price: $82.00
- S-Southwestern Fiesta Chicken over rice
- M-Pork Tenderloin with Honey Garlic Sauce with baked potatoes, and frozen veggies
- T- Roast Chicken x2 for leftovers to use in chicken and dumplings
- W-Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- T- Sweet Potato Chili Recipe with corn bread
- F- Fish Tacos with rice pilaf
- S-Classic Homemade Beef Stew served with rolls, and salad
Dinners Week 3:
Walmart Grocery Pick Up Price: $79.00
- S-Baked Spaghetti with garlic bread, and salad
- M-Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
- T- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage with carrots
- W-Reuben Sandwiches, with chips and fruit
- T-Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet with roasted cauliflower
- F- Shrimp Scampi with asparagus
- S-Monterey Chicken
Dinners Week 4:
Walmart Grocery Pick Up Price: $65.00
- S-Family Favorite Chicken Noodle Casserole with applesauce
- M-Homemade Sloppy Joes with green beans
- T- Beef Tips and Gravy Over Noodles with corn
- W-Parmesan Crusted Chicken with roasted brussels sprouts
- T-Slow Cooker Angel Pork Chops with steamed spinach
- F- Beer Battered Fish, with cole slaw and fries
- S-Vegetable Beef Soup, with bread
Dinners Week 5:
Walmart Grocery Pick Up Price: $40.00
- S-Easy Sesame Chicken with brown rice asian veggie medley
- M-Beef Stir Fry with Noodles with
- T- Crock Pot Ham & Bean Soup with tossed salad