Whether it’s dinner with the entire family, or a romantic dinner for 2, I love to tell Alexa to play some music on our Echo! Whether you stream music from Amazon or Spotify, I have a few song suggestions for the perfect Vintage Valentine Playlist! Most of these songs are from the 1950’s, but a few from the early 60’s and one from the late 40’s made the list.
The 1950’s were known for the birth of rock and roll, but my favorite songs from this era are known as pop standards or American standards.
I think the 1950’s pop standards have that authentic vintage feel that is fun and nostalgic. The love songs from this time period often reflect the innocence of teenage love, sung by legends who were involved in some of the greatest love stories ever to be told. One thing is for certain, these songs are timeless and inspire a romantic ambiance, perfect for Valentines Day.
The songs in my playlist come from legendary singers like Perry Como, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, and Dean Martin. The lower tempo of these songs will not compete with conversation, and is the perfect background music for a romantic dinner.
You can find the playlist on Amazon and Spotify, but I’ve also listed the individual songs below so you can add them to your favorite music service.
Romantic Vintage Valentine’s Day Songs
- Beyond the Sea, Bobby Darin, released 1958
- L-O-V-E, Nat King Cole, released 1964
- Fly my to the Moon, Frank Sinatra, released 1964
- Dream a Little Dream Of Me, Doris Day, released 1957
- Fever, Peggy Lee, released 1958
- Everybody Loves Somebody, Dean Martin, released 1953
- That’s Amore, Dean Martin, released 1953
- Some Enchanted Evening, Perry Como, released 1949
- I Only Have Eyes For You, The Flamingos, released 1959
- In the Still of Night, The Five Satins, released 1956
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, The Platters, released 1959
- Memories are Made of This, Dean Martin, released 1955
- Love Me Tender, Elvis Presley, released 1957
Amazon Vintage Valentine Playlist
Spotify Vintage Valentine Playlist
I hope you have a great Valentine’s Day, I’d love to hear how you plan on celebrating!